Douglas Burchard has more than 20-years experience creating professional, data-driven, web applications, for small to medium size organizations. Notable accomplishments include:
- Built websites since 1994
- Worked for, Blue World Communications, the original publisher of Lasso, from 1995 until 1998
- Active member of the Lasso community since inception in 1996
- Created original “Knitting Factory” shopping cart example which shipped with FileMaker 4
- Created acclaimed login solution known as LockIt and LockIt5
- Developed web applications for every version of Lasso since launch
- Presented at LassoSummit 2001 in Orlando, Florida, and Lasso Developers Conference (LDC) 2012 in Toronto, Ontario
- Currently using Lasso Professional 9.3, PHP 5.6 and MySQL 5.5
- Implemented a variety of custom built solutions, including: Automated creation of static pages, Automatic archiving and searching of email, Lasso-based Wiki with many of the same language features of Wikimedia, Lasso-based Blog allowing Wiki-like editing, Lasso-based Calendar application, Lasso-based mass-email solution.
When not developing web solutions, Doug spends time with his wife and son camping, hiking, fishing, and skiing. Doug also volunteers with the Summit-at-Snoqualmie Central Ski Patrol, Ski Patrol Rescue Team, and King County Search And Rescue as an EMT-B and OEC Technician.